Sunday, January 15, 2012

Beauty and the Beast in 3D. What could possibly be different?

Yes, skeptical could be my middle name.

But before we were invited to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D at a screening premiere in King of Prussia, I was a bit, um, unconvinced that I could like Beauty & the Beast any more than I all ready did.  Let me put it this way, out of all the Disney movies out there, Beauty and the Beast was and is my absolute favorite!

But back to my point...what could possibly be different? 

The colors, the details, "introducing a whole new generation to the Disney classic with stunning new 3D imagery" as detailed on the studio website.  "The film captures the fantastic journey of Belle (voice of Paige O'Hara), a bright and beautiful young woman who's taken prisoner by a hideous beast (voice of Robby Benson) in his castle. Despite her precarious situation, Belle befriends the castle's enchanted staff–a teapot, a candelabra and a mantel clock, among others–and ultimately learns to see beneath the Beast's exterior to discover the heart and soul of a prince."

What was different to me?  Yes, I saw this movie many moons ago when I was a teenager.  But watching it now as an adult and mother to two little ones, I noticed all of the detail in the scenery.  I noticed minutiae things that I once overlooked.  It gave me a whole new appreciation of all the time & energy and planning that goes into a masterpiece such as this.

So, if you are on the fence on whether or not to see this wonderful movie again at the theater...I highly, highly recommend that you do so.  See this movie again through the eyes of your little ones but outside the cute story line you will notice a whole new world in a "tale as old as time".

I'd like to thank Cheryl Baker, Account Executive for Radio Disney, Philadelphia for allowing my daughters' and I the opportunity to see the screening of Beauty and the Beast in 3D at the United Artists, King of Prussia Stadium 16, last weekend.

6 comments:

  1. My youngest daughter would LOVE to see this! Sounds like you had a great time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! This gives me another idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know how long it will be in the theatres?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Word on the street is...typically a re-release like this is in the the theaters for 2 weeks but may stay longer depending on popularity.

      Delete
  4. One of my favorite Disney films. Glad to hear that it translated well to 3D.

    ReplyDelete